Friday, February 13, 2009

"Sweets for the Sweet" Valentine Candy Box

In an effort to spark some creativity, I decided to make a little valentine box to hold some candy hearts. I don't own the Tags Bags Boxes cricut cartridge, so I went to this site and saved the template as a jpg image in my picture file. Then I opened it in Microsoft Publisher. I didn't want all the designes printed on the box, just the template, so I cleared them by creating shapes, filled with white, and placed them over the designs. Then I printed the template on white cardstock.
After printing, cut out the template and then fold on the dotted lines.
I wanted my box to have a little window, so I used my Martha Stewart punch to punch one out on the front of the box.
I adhered a 2" x 2" piece of vellum over the inside of the window. Then you need to put the box together, glueing the tabs in place. When that's done, your box will look like this:
I cut a 2" heart out with my Cricut, using the George cartridge. I also punched a window in it, and glued it to the front of my box. I cut 2 more hearts at 1" and glued them on the top. I added a black and white checked ribbon and a whimsical little heart charm and the words "Sweets for the sweet" to embellish my little box. Next, I filled it with candy, and Voila! Finished! Kind of a "sweet" little box, dontcha think? :)





2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE....LOVE IT...

Kimberly said...

Very cute!! You are so talented!