Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's been a busy baking weekend :~)

A friend asked me to make her daughters first birthday cake and it was also my brother in laws birthday, so I was very busy baking and decorating this weekend. I'm pretty sure people who don't decorate cakes don't have any idea the time it takes, lol! I do enjoy it though. :~)


Here's the little girl's cake. Her mom is fan of pink and brown, and Sarah was dressed from head to toe in pink and brown, so she matched her cakes! I made her a little smash cake, too, of course. Got to have that, right?

And here's the cake I made for my brother in law. It's a 2-layer yellow cake with sour cream chocolate frosting, although my kids don't know about the sour cream, because then they wouldn't eat it, lol. The decorations are done with buttercream. I tweaked a recipe I had and now it tastes SO good and holds up well for decorating, too.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh Cathy those a GREAT! I have two kiddos with birthdays coming up...I may just have to hire you! :0)